Health and wellness incentive
The NEW! Employee wellness incentive begins August 1, 2017 and needs to be completed by June 30, 2018 for the benefit year that begins on August 1, 2018. See all plan details for the new program...no points!
It’s Our Wellness, Together!
2017/2018 NEW! WCSD WELLNESS INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Washington County School District is partnering with FitBit for the 2017-2018 school year for our new employee wellness incentive program.
What are the objectives of the NEW wellness program?
- Assist employees and their spouses to fully engage in happiness and productivity in your personal lives.
- Provide an avenue for employees and spouses to feel more energetic, fit, and to be there for your families.
- Reduce unnecessary medical insurance utilization and premiums.
How can we achieve our objectives?
- Strive for progress, not perfection!
- By utilizing technology that engages us in a new, exciting way, to compete or challenge ourselves, we can look forward to a better us both personally and as a school district body!
What do you want to get out of the NEW wellness program?
- Set your own daily benchmark goal using the FitBit platform. Your goal should be obtainable for you! FitBit benchmark recommendation is to get 6,000 steps a day. However, we recognize this goal may be a little too much for some people or not enough for others. Please consult your physician before starting any exercise program.
A FitBit for every body and every lifestyle!
- Current benefited employees and spouses: You have from now until September 30, 2017 to order your FitBit, using your one-time, FitBit credit for you and your spouse. Choose from a variety of options-including several trackers available at no cost to you or your benefited spouse!
- New hires/newly eligible benefited employees and spouses: You will have from your insurance eligibility date up to 60 days to order your FitBit, using your one-time, FitBit credit for you and your spouse! Choose from a variety of options-including several trackers available at no cost to you or your benefited spouse!
- It’s as easy as 1,2,3….
- Step 1:
- Recognize we have a NEW wellness program for the 2017/2018 benefit year
- Step 2:
- Sign the data share agreement*, get your unique identifier code, and purchase your FitBit.
- Step 3:
- Set up your FitBit, make a goal, and participate in the 3 quarterly FitBit Challenges.
Wellness program completed by June 30, 2018 for the benefit year that begins on August 1, 2018.
While WCSD encourages you and your spouse to continue to receive annual preventive care, biometric testing, wellbeing assessments, and continue dialog with your personal physician, the 2017/2018 employee wellness incentive program will not require points or tracking of the preventive and other point activities. Additionally, we encourage you to use resources through HR for our EAP program with Lincoln Financial, and/or any other medical and mental health services provided by Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield for health related issues.
All benefited employees and their spouses that wish to have the MONTHLY wellness premium discount of $100 for employee and $100 for spouse in the 2018-2019 benefit year will need to complete the wellness initiative of a personal goal and participate in the 3 quarterly competitions by June 30, 2018.